And, the last resort to justify something wrong is to point out something worse?
[From movie ‘Gone Girl’]
Nick Dunne: Yes, I loved you and then all we did was resent each other, try to control each other. We caused each other pain.
Amy Dunne: That’s marriage.
Me: I hope you both are wrong. 😐
Either a hell lot of people I know are crazy complicated or I’m too naive to believe so.
So many things on my list to learn. Unfortunately, the one point which keeps on moving up is – “Not being a prick while being straightforward”.
I’m writing this post for IndiBlogger IndiSpire (Edition 42). The topic is to list 10 things to dump in 2015.
What I have listed below is not something like a new year resolution. This list has things which I have always been trying to get rid of and I’ll always try. This list is a reminder of what I have learnt in life so far; what to hold on to and what to let go.
I want to stop
- Buying things I don’t actually need
- Waiting for the right moment to do something good
- Believing that people can’t change
- Judging people based on what I’ve heard about them
- Believing in a theory without proper research
- Pampering people who don’t deserve it
- Taking important people in my life for granted
- Remaining silent when I should actually speak
- Speaking when I should actually listen to others
- Believing that life is a movie and I’m the hero
Enough of lessons learnt. It’s time to make mistakes. 😉
The problem with being an open book is that the readers like to use their blunt markers to highlight the portions they want.
You lost because you respected the rules of the game. You lost because you wanted to be fair. You lost because you’re not yet the scoundrel this world expects you to be.
Am I the only person who, while travelling, checks whether the 4-digit number in the license plates of vehicles passing by are divisible by 11? 😀
It’s good to be correct, but it’s fun to be wrong at times. 😉